Thursday, July 10, 2008

Pageant Queen

So its been a long time for me. Sorry I've been busy. I know, poor excuse right? Anyway Ive got something ive been working on. Some of you may know, and some may not, but I am competing in a Texas pageant for the Ms. division. The title i have now is Ms. Houston, Tx. American Beauty. The title I am competing for is Ms. Texas American Beauty, and if that is achieved It will be on to Ms. American Beauty. So now a little backround story. I was approached by the Miss Texas American Beauty Director a few months ago, and asked if I would be interested. I said no at first because I have never been in a pageant before and really had no interest, and besides I am married with kids. I didn't think I was elegible. She then went on to tell me about this particular pageant. It is for not only teens and Miss divisions, but also Ms. , Mrs. and elite(50+) divisions. She said it is a pageant that celebrates women of all ages and is more about women with integrity, faith, and inner beauty. Women who want to make a difference in their community. I then became interested. But I asked "Isn't pageants pretty expensive?" I cannot afford to do something like this on my own. She then said you can get sponsers to help you, and she actually waived the 250.00 sign up fee. She said there is something about you that caught my eye, and I really beleive you could win and do great things. I said that sounds great and all, but I still don't know what to do. I don't know how to be in a pageant. She then said her daughter is the reighning Ms. Texas American beauty and would be willing to train me for free.(its about 200.00 per session usually, up to 5 sessions) I still wasnt sure, so I told her Id think about it. so I asked some family members what they thought, and surprisingly had a lot of support. I then talked to my neighbor, who is the P.R. queen and great at getting sponsers, and has her own website. She thought it was terrific and jumped on the oppourtunity to help me. So now I had financial support, family support, and someone who would train me, the only thing I had to come up with was a good platform, something I truly believed in. And immediatly my little cousin Mindy popped in my head. I had always been so moved to see how my Aunt Margo and Uncle Jeff were with Mindy. She has characteristics of Cerbrel Palsy, but much more intense. She has been in a wheelchair for her whole life, and use of only her neck up. Though she has this disability, everytime I've seen her and her family, they seem like the happiest people in the world. I really think Mindy is a true blessing to our family. I only wish I lived closer, so I could really get to know her better. Anyway, I knew after I thought of this, that this pageant would be a great way for me to promote my Uncle's scholership fund that he opened. It is the Margo Sears Schoership Fund. So by doing this pageant I will be able to tell my story and possibly touch someone enough to make a difference. If that happens then It will be all worth it. So if anyone feels like they might want to help me achieve this goal, by sponsering me with any amount, you can contact me. By sponsering me through your business, or just as a friend, it is a tax writeoff, and free advertising.
So this is what I have been doing lately, besides the usual.

No comments: